It’s that time again: 365 days and many sewing projects have gone by and it’s the last day of the year 2018!🥂 The perfect moment to reflect on the past months and to think about the new year ahead of us.
What Has Happened So Far
My highlight this year? The launch of my own blog of course💁♀️Surprise! It wasn’t obvious to me at first but I was really looking for something that I am passionate about, something that is useful and something new. After a bit of back and forth trying out all sorts of things I ended up signing up for a sewing course.
That was in the summer of 2018 and it was love at first stitch. 💖
When I told friends about my new hobby, I got lots of questions like how I came across sewing, where I purchase the patterns or tips on how to get started. And this is when the idea of an own blog arose💡
The goal of my blog is to share the love, it’s really simple. Here you’ll find:
- Easy sewing projects for beginners
- Step-by-step guides to decide what sewing machine can work for you
- Important lessons for sewing beginners that I’ve learnt (the hard way)
Starting my Blog – From Easy Sewing Projects to Dressmaking
With the brilliant support of my husband, we started the blog soon after we had the idea. Why wait for the new year or any other special occasion when you can kick off that very day, right? As I am still very much a sewing beginner, the domain name sewingbeginner.com seemed perfect and luck was on our side that it was still available😊
The first blog post My Sewing Journey – How It All Began was published on 21st November 2018. Since then, we’ve been busy bees and have created the following tutorials, tips and guides for you. We were busy bees indeed. 🐝. Have a look at let me know what you think.
- 5 Preparation Steps You Must Do Before You Start Sewing
- My First Stitches – Intro to Sewing Class from Sew Over It
- How to Sew Your Own Beautiful Christmas Ornaments
- How to Make Little Ribbon Bows Using a Fork
- How to Sew Christmas Pocket Squares
- 4 Tips and Tricks How to Get Started with Sewing
- Step by Step – How to Thread Your Sewing Machine
- How to Change The Needle on Your Sewing Machine
- Review of My Janome CXL301 Sewing Machine
- Full Guide: How to Buy The Right Sewing Machine
- Tips and Tricks How to Sew with Knit Fabrics
- 4 Invaluable Tricks for Clean Sewing
- Essential Equipment Everyone Needs for Sewing
- This is The Perfect Pattern to Get Started with Dressmaking
- How to Best Get Started with Simple Dressmaking
- 5 Golden Sewing Rules from My Mum
At this point, a big thank you to all of you for your great feedback and amazing support we’ve had so far. You’re the best! 🙏
New Sewing Projects for Beginners in 2019
While I’m proud of what we have achieved in such a short period of time, I am more than excited about the road ahead of us sewing beginners. There are many ideas and projects that I want to work on, document and share with you. There’s so much more to come!
A little sneak peek? I’ve been working on an instruction booklet to sew your own tote bag with a front pocket in just 6 steps!🛍️ It’s a great project for beginners and you’ll be a master afterwards in sewing straight lines. Plus, it’s a project that you simply can’t mess up, so you’ll gain confidence for future sewing projects😊 So stay tuned, more to come soon!
I wish you and your loved ones all the best for the year 2019!🎊🍾